210 Lafayette Street
New Bethlehem, PA. 16242
Phone: (814) 275-2003
Fax: (814) 275-4269
Bid Specifications for Mowing
- Bidder will be required to mow lawn areas and trim around headstones and plantings (“mowing”) so as to keep grass blade level below six (6) inches in height between April 1st and October 31st (the “season”). Mowing during the high growth season of May 15th through September 30th should be done approximately every seven (7) to ten (10) days. Bidder will be guaranteed a minimum of twelve (12) mowings.
- The cemetery should be mowed shortly before Memorial Day so that it has a well-kept appearance on Memorial Day.
- Bids are to be placed on a per mowing basis with a not to exceed total contract amount for the season.
- Contractor shall be an Independent Contractor and is required to provide and use its own equipment, supplies and fuel.
- Contractor shall be required to notify the Borough Secretary or Street Commissioner within 24 hours after each time a mowing has been completed.
- Contractor shall adjust mowing schedule to accommodate funeral services in the cemetery so as not to disturb a funeral service. At all times, Contractor and its employees shall conduct themselves with proper decorum and respect for those interred and those people visiting the cemetery.
- Flowers on graves shall be removed after they no longer appear fresh.
- If Bidder is successful they will be required to provide proof of liability insurance with a minimum amount of $1,000,000 in coverage.
- If Contractor uses employees, Contractor will be required to furnish proof of worker’s compensation coverage. Contractor is required to comply with all labor and safety laws regarding the hiring of employees.
- Contractor shall use due care, skill, and diligence in the performance of its obligations under the Agreement. All work and services to be performed under the Agreement shall be done in a first class workmanlike manner to the Borough’s satisfaction and in accordance with all applicable local, county, state and federal codes, ordinances or law.
- Contractor shall be fully liable for, and hereby indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless the Borough from any and all injuries, damages, causes of actions, claims or obligations and any consequential and incidental damages, attorneys’ fees or costs arising out of or related to any acts, omissions or negligence on the part of the Contractor, its agents, subcontractors, or employees of any person or firm under its control under the Agreement. If Contractor causes damage to property in the Cemetery including to headstones or markers, Contractor shall promptly repair damaged property and if Contractor fails to do so after notice, payments due Contractor may be withheld for defective work or the cost of repairing damage to property.
- Payments will be made monthly within thirty (30) days after receipt of an invoice.
- Agreement may be terminated by Borough with cause and without penalty upon five (5) days written notice or without cause and without penalty upon thirty (30) days written notice.
- The Agreement will not renew automatically.
- Bids will be opened at the Borough Council meeting scheduled for May 19, 2015 at 7:30 PM.
- Council reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
- Contact the borough office at 814-275-2003 to schedule an appointment to view the cemetery with the Street Commissioner.
- Mark bid envelopes: New Bethlehem Borough
Cemetery Mowing Bid
210 Lafayette Street
New Bethlehem, PA 16242